Teaching and Advising:
- MA-341 - Applied Differential Equations I
Differential equations and systems of differential equations. Methods for solving ordinary differential equations including Laplace transforms, phase plane analysis, and numerical methods. Matrix techniques for systems of linear ordinary differential equations.
- MA-513 - Introduction to Complex Variables
Operations with complex numbers, derivatives, analytic functions, integrals, definitions and properties of elementary functions, multivalued functions, power series, residue theory and applications, conformal mapping.
Course materials, homework assignments, office hours, and all other information about my classes are posted on https://wolfware.ncsu.edu/
Applied and Computational Differential and Algebraic Geometry
I am a member of the Geometry, Topology, Mathematical Physics group and the Symbolic Computation group.
- Geometric study of differential and algebraic equations.
- Symmetry reduction of differential equations and variational problems.
- Computational invariant theory: differential and algebraic
- Problems of equivalence and
symmetry under group actions.
- Geometric methods in computer image recognition and image
- Geometric modeling.
- Symbolic Computation.
Funded Research Projects
Computer code and supplementary materials
Math Programs for Young People
There are many wonderful programs in Mathematics for talented youth. The following unsorted list is by no means complete. I compiled it from programs that I am more familiar with so I have an easy reference for people asking for a recommendation.
Last updated: January, 2021.
Disclaimer: The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.